Where to Start
If you are interested in ordering a bespoke corset or couture creation, discussing projects, or have any questions, please contact us through our contact form or email email@example.com. We can then discuss your ideas, requirements and design your ideal garment.
Please be aware that custom made garments and accessories can take an extended amount of time to make. If you need your garment for a specific date, then please make certain to get in touch as soon as possible.
The Bespoke Process
- When ordering your custom creation, we will first discuss your design ideas, specific features and requirements and materials. Design sketches will be drafted if necessary, and presented for your approval. The initial design consultation will incur no cost, and we are always happy to discuss exciting projects, so please don’t hesitate to email us with your concept! Once the details of the design have been finalised, we can then provide you with a general quote, to be finalised upon sourcing of the materials.
- A non-refundable deposit of 40% of the general quote will be required before commencement of the project. Once the deposit has been received, we will source the materials. Material samples will be obtained and presented to you for approval. We are also very happy to use materials you have provided, as long as they are suitable for the garment.
- Once materials have been selected we will be able to give you the final cost of the garment, which will be within the range of the general quote provided earlier. The price will cover all aspects of the bespoke process, including materials and material sourcing, fittings, toiles and the construction process.
- The next step is measurements. You can either make an appointment at our Melbourne studio to have your measurements taken personally, or you will be instructed on how to accurately take your measurements. From your measurements we will draft the pattern and construct a toile, a cotton mock-up of your garment that will be used in fittings. Fittings may be conducted at our studio, or the toile may be posted to you, and fittings conducted via Skype or extensive photographs.
- Once the fit is perfect, we will construct the final garment! Full payment will be required before pick up or shipping of the completed garment. The shipping costs are calculated based on the weight and size of the outfit and will be provided upon its completion.
Order Status & Delivery Times
- We are currently fully booked until February 2019
Please contact us if you wish to place an order to discuss your concept and schedule. Projects may be able to be accepted even if we are fully booked, but a rush fee may be applied. Let us know your requirements, and we will do our best for you!
Once a commission is underway, delivery time depends very much on the complexity of the project and your own availability for fittings.
Please be aware that bespoke prices are very much dependent on the project, as every custom creation is unique and designed to meet your requirements and specifications. Please contact us to discuss your project and request a quote. The quote will include design consultations, materials and material sourcing, fittings and all aspects of the garment construction.
As a rough guide:
- Underbust corsetry from $750
- Overbust corsetry from $880
- Waistcoats from $450
- Tailored coats from $950
- Gowns from $1100
- Corseted gowns from $1780
Lyris Design uses Australia Post to deliver to Australian address, and international orders will be send via Australia Post International air mail, with full tracking.
Lyris Design accepts cash, bank deposit or PayPal.
For bespoke orders, a non-refundable deposit of 40% of the quote will be required upon commencement of the commission, and full payment will be required upon pick up or before shipping of the completed garment.